Sunday, May 11, 2008

Walmart makes me SICK

William and I went on a celebratory date since he was accepted to the U.  We went to the U and walked around campus and then we went to dinner at Cafe Rio.  William had a little payback to do to one of the young women in our ward so we stopped at Walmart to get some silly string.  I thought I would be wise and get an easy make dinner so I could take it easy for Mother's Day and all.  I found dinner and put it in the cart and was going to look at dessert when the nightmare began.  Now, this odd bodily function of mine has happened a few times before but never away from home.  When I get dehydrated I get nasty sick.  So all at once, although I didn't feel dehydrated, I was high tailing it to the bathroom.  Sure enough, a few minutes later I'm throwing up in the Walmart bathroom.  What a nightmare!  If you've ever been to a Walmart bathroom the last thing you ever want to do is put anything but your feet on that floor.  Here I was draped over their nasty toilet loosing my dinner.  The funny part was that while I wasn't trying to make a lot of noise I heard someone walk by my stall and mutter under their breath "sick!"  I wonder if they thought I was some drunk or what come to Walmart to better their atmosphere.  Still, I wonder what I would have said or done if I had been that person.  Having been through it personally and knowing how horrid an experience it can be I hope I have enough compassion to ask if the person throwing up is alright and if there is anything I could do for them.  All I wanted to do was go home.  Thankfully, William and I both had our phones and we were able to communicate.  He found where I left the basket and paid for our stuff and we got me home before too much longer.  There is yet another wonderful experience at Walmart!

11 comments:

S said...

Mother's Day ended up at home. I did what I could and went back to bed. It takes a few days to recover from such experiences!

Elizabeth said...

eewwwww. I hate public bathrooms. I will wait until I have pee cramps and would rather puke in one of Walmarts trash cans that are placed by the end caps of every aisle than go and do anything in their bathrooms. The only public bathroom that I have had a slightly positive experience in was the Nordstroms in the Provo Towne Center where I went in to wash my hands and got free perfume samples off the counter. Other than that I always have flashbacks from every retail job I've ever held where a few guys argue over whose turn it is to clean the bathroom because a)noone has actually cleaned it in over a month despite regular signatures next to the "This Bathroom Was Last Cleaned" sign or b)someone has just been horrendously ill and the smell is chasing away customers. I'm sorry that happened to you. It sounds awful. And recovering really would take days and some bleach. G

Anonymous said...

Gross, gross, gross and gross. I would have run out the front doors (at Wally's they are usually closer than any bathroom anyway) and vomited in the parking lot. NOt in the parking lot trash cans, though, cuz that's as nasty as the bathrooms. Odd that their bathrooms are so gross people don't even want to deposit their nasty, disgusting vomit there. On another note, Congrats to William!

Unknown said...

Hey Sumo, she laughed at your comment until she cried...

Anonymous said...

Which part were you laughing at? The vomit part, the congrats to William, or the fact that I unwittingly combined them into the same comment.

S said...

I was really loopy and tired. I thought the making fun of Wally's part was hilarious.

Amy said...

Maybe this is a sign you should stop going to Wal-mart.

Unknown said...

What was I being congratulated for?

Anonymous said...

Uh, weren't you out celebrating your acceptance to the U?

Amy said...

Well now you're going to have to go with me. I need someone to hold my hand in the scary place. I'll bring along a barf bucket for you.

Laura said...

I empathize! I truly do - see my blog lol. Did you feel like I did after eating on my date? That that was a waste of whatever you spent on your food? No one said "sick" under their breath that I heard. I did hear a mother tell her child not to be nosy lol. It DOES take time to get over that stuff! I thought I'd be back to snuff today - but I just feel sore and wiped out!