Sunday, May 18, 2008

Venting

A few days ago my vacuum belt broke so I haven't been able to clean the floors.  Then today, after William left I took a shower.  The kids decided to try to make a cake in their bedroom using flour, sugar and water!  But my vacuum doesn't work so I had to use the dust buster to try to clean up what I could.  The battery ran down pretty fast though.  Then all during Sacrament meeting Mary was climbing this that and the other while Jacob had his first experience climbing stairs up to William.  That was after he had crawled under two rows of benches behind me. Aaaah!  I guess my new make up scared everyone in the ward because I had no one sitting within a few benches of us.  On the bright side, my Sunday School lesson went well, I think I'm pretty, all the kids are finally in bed, the van works and I went visit teaching this morning.  Still, I'm pretty stressed out.  What is a good way to relax when you feel like it's all falling apart?  I've already had chocolate.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary was overly insane today in Sacrament meeting. None have been as bad as her for running around and disrupting. Any family ideas or suggestions on how to get her to stop? Also, your river eye makeup and emerald necklace were beautiful and the Sunday School lesson was great too. Lighten up dear.

Laura said...

Some days in sacrament, don't you wonder if you should just go for the second and third hour??? Ummm did I just type that out loud? lol but seriously - some days are worse than others don't you think? As far as Sundays, just keep thinking that it will not be like this forever. I know sometimes I feel outnumbered, so I try to give my other two things that will really keep them occupied so that I can focus on the one who REALLY needs help lol. As far as destressing and relaxing, I find that different things work at different times. Sometimes I need time to myself - reading, blogging, watching a good chic flick, sometimes I just need to plan something so that I have something to look forward to. Sometimes I need a good date with Gabe, sometimes I just need sleep =).

Anonymous said...

Take a hot bubble bath. With chocolate. L, I caught myself wondering that very thing a week or two ago and the thought came to me that at this point, we're not going for ourselves, we're going as a way of teaching our children. They need to learn early that church is important and that it's important to go every week even when it's hard. They will also never learn to sit still if they are never given that requirement. Still, yesterday I looked at all the quiet kids around me, then looked at Theron and felt like I must be doing something wrong. Ah well, all my others have learned to sit relatively quietly. i'm just glad I don't have 2 younger kids to wrestle besides him!

S said...

I went upstairs to clean out the girls' room and found their "cake" dumped on the carpet with their kitchen set toppled over on top of it. I spent more than six hours cleaning up and out both kids' rooms. They still have more to do. William, my sweet wonderful kind loving adored brilliant husband, bought dinner for me. I'm sure exhausted. Thanks, Honey!