Thursday, May 22, 2008

So William Married an Axe Murderer

Michael was H.T.K. this week(Horizon Terrific Kid) and his teacher sent home a note letting me know that he needed to put together a poster of stuff about himself. It was pretty specific so I got on the computer to print out some pics of Michael doing various different activities and other stuff. Our @!#$(*^#$&*@) printer won't print things from the PC any more. I can't figure it out. I downloaded the right software, drivers, etc. I made sure the IP address and all that other mumbo jumbo was correct. But it still will not and absolutely refuses to print ANYTHING from the PC. I worked hours on it and I am still stumped. GRRRRRRRRRR! I had actual violent thoughts about taking Ken's(our land lord) old dull axe and chopping the printer to bits! Fortunately for Michael and the printer, I was able to use William's precious laptop to print things out. I think William suffered a little withdrawl from his computer but it was worth it to get Michael's project done. I stayed up til 1am to finish it. This morning I asked Michael what he thought about it and he said I did a really good job. That made me feel better. Still, I look at the printer with CONTEMPT! I feel it mock me when I get in bed at night and it still hasn't been turned off. Then I have to get out of bed and touch the hideous thing. I wonder if it can feel the bad vibes I try to send it.

4 comments:

Queen Mum said...

I see you have the common love/hate relationship with your computer/printer. Mine has actually been working very good since your Dad fixed it. The big problem with my printer is paper. It keeps disappearing.......

Queen Mum said...

Congratulations, Michael! I think you are a terrific kid, too!

S said...

William made a good point. I should be attacking my old PC instead of the newer printer. My computer is so old now there are people selling the same model on ebay for $50. The printer was more than that and still new enough that it's still valued more than that.

Amy said...

Maybe you should just run the recovery on your PC. I know ours is older than yours and we just had to do that. It gets so clogged up with crap. Make sure you save your pictures on a disk first.