Saturday, May 24, 2008

Attacked!


Yesterday was humid and sticky.  Then I did a workout and then I had to run a couple of errands before I finally kicked all the kids out of my room so I could take a long anticipated shower.  At last I was getting clean when I felt something itchy on my ankle.  I looked down and there it was.  A big, nasty, ugly, long legged, biting bug!!!  Of course I screamed as I kicked the nasty little thing off.  I got a good look at him while he drowned.  I finished my shower disturbed instead of relieved. I looked up the nasty kind of centipede that would attack a human in the shower to make sure Little Ammon wasn't in any danger.  So it was a house centipede.  According to Wiki they feed off of bugs and have long spotted ugly legs and most of them can't bite through human skin.  "Those that can" are venomous to a very small amount.  It stings like a mosquito bite and then goes away in a couple of hours.  So I was lucky enough to be attacked by a house centipede that CAN bite through human skin.  Nice, but I hope little Ammon isn't gonna come out with antenna or long, spotted, nasty legs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You better get some cool super power out of this!

Anonymous said...

The antenna don't come from our side of the family...
Also, I thought we had some nasty bugs here in TX. That's one grossy gross centipede there. Even I would've screamed if it had touched me.

Amy said...

Speaking from experience (but mine was a different kind of nasty pest), you will never be totally comfortable in the shower again. I was a teen when my incident happened and I still can't step on the shower drain.