Friday, May 16, 2008

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Men look at their precious pregnant wives with love and respect and appreciation for all the travails they go through.  I wonder if they also appreciate the oddities as well.  Once I reach a certain point in pregnancy it's all about foooooooood!  I can eat a nice big meal and be hungry again half an hour later.  The strange part about this is all of the kids are following this trend as well.  They suddenly are bottomless pits.  The girls and I were invited to a end-of-the-preschool-year party that was being held at the park across the street.  We fed Donna and put her on the bus to go to kindergarten.  Then it was time to finish feeding Olivia and Mary.  They ate and ate and ate and ate and ate.  We were there for more than 2 hours and they kept eating the whole time!  Thankfully there was plenty of food and even some left over by the time we finally left.  Snack time rolled around and they were hungry again.  At dinner, Mary ate two servings of spaghetti and had room for more.  I thought being pregnant was food consuming.  I guess growing your own little body is harder.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

"I wonder if they also appreciate the oddities as well." Oh, like running at me full speed with your baby belly bouncing at me? NO, I don't appreciate it! I have nightmares of being baby belly body bounced clear across the bedroom! ARGH!

Queen Mum said...

Had any good nightmares recently? We have all been having them, so Biffy has company.

Unknown said...

What kind of nightmares have you all been having?

S said...

I keep dreaming that Jacob is walking.

Laura said...

in my last nightmare, I was in the Martin handcart company and I had the stomach flu...does that count? lol

Anonymous said...

L, you crack me up! I dreamt last night that it snowed (it's supposed to reach 94 today) and the paper boy (who, in reality, is an old man) rang my door bell and chucked the newspaper at me when I answered. I was shocked by snow in May and went online to see if the kids had school, which even more shockingly, they did!

Laura said...

no sumo-g - you crack ME up! An old man chucking a newspaper at you lol lol lol. I am assuming that was the nightmare part and not the snow in May part? ;)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.